Tuesday 17 March 2015

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara - Hit or Miss?

I’ve been meaning to try this mascara ever since it came out. I don’t have many products of benefits if I’m completely honest although what products I do have or have tried seem to be pretty good. They are a little on the expensive side as I deem the quirky packaging more upmarket drugstore brand compared to the elite beauty brands like YSL, Dior, Bobbi Brown etc. but it does put a smile on your face when you pick up their products.


This new mascara claims to visibly lift lashes, give a long lasting curl and make eyes look wider. I may appear to be cynical now but bear with me… I have really short dark lashes anyway that don’t have a curl to them, in fact I think they stick out like cow lashes but nothing a little eye lash curler can’t solve. Regarding the claim about making the lashes look more open I think its pretty vague as any type of mascara will darken your lashes and make your eyes look wider, but anyway, most mascaras I’ve tried have never held a curl for a full day and the only formula that came close was a waterproof one, but then you have to practically rip your eyelashes out to get it off and no one likes that.

So ever the optimist I set about trying to see if the claims are true! After waking up and spending possibly 20 minutes scrolling though Instagram looking at other beauty bloggers I realised I would have to eventually drink my cup of tea and start to make a move and look presentable for the day (10 more minutes? maybe…)

I judge my mascaras pretty harshly as I find that throughout the day they tend to flake or smudge and as a wearer of glasses this can be pretty annoying as all the little flakes of mascara stick to your lenses where you can’t get them out and they just look constantly dirty, which clearly doesn’t help my vision as no matter what I do, by the end of the day my glasses are filthy. (seriously I can’t be the only person this happens too!)



So let the games begin… First impressions the mascara isn’t too wet, its a deep black and it goes on well. The tiny curved wand allows you to get all of your lashes in one coat, this means you’re not likely to overload them and end up with the dreaded spider leg lashes! although one coat is lovely for a daytime or understated look I prefer to go for two coats to add a little extra volume and it handles it pretty well.



Not so sure about it giving you a long lasting curl as I didn’t have one to begin with but it did stay put pretty well throughout the day, pictures below, the only comment I have is the volume didn’t stay very well on my bottom lashes however it didn’t flake down my face which is a giant plus!



Over all I did really like this mascara, it isn’t my go too mascara but I would probably purchase it on the way through duty free maybe in a spur of the moment type purchase before jetting off on holiday. 

** On my Brows I have Illamasqua Browcake in Thunder with Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown and on my eyelid I have a very subtle wash of Maybelline On and On Bronze**

What are your go too mascaras? I’d love to know comment!



0 comments:

Post a Comment